EarthxCities2019 Focus: Resilience
Planning for, responding to and recovering from extreme weather events.
Friday April 26, 2019
Briscoe Carpenter Center
Fair Park, Dallas, Texas, USA
City, community and business leaders are facing an increasing set of challenges as they prepare for the impacts of climate change and an increasing number of natural disasters. This one-day event will provide evolving practices, cutting edge solutions and decision support needs. Attendees will hear insights from public officials, recognized experts and experienced practitioners in a suite of plenary sessions, panel discussions and networking activities.
Conference Session Topics
- Report by the Governor’s Taskforce to Rebuild Texas
- Community Organizations and Climate Action Planning
- Resources and Investments for Resilience
- Crowd Sourcing Disaster Response
- Business Continuation in the Face of Natural Disasters
- How cities prepare and respond to short and long term threats
- Funding Mechanisms for Resilience projects
- The Steps for long-term recovery and resilience
- How government, community organizations and business move forward to create a more resilient future.
EarthxCities Participants Include:
Municipal Officials, Architects, Structural Engineers, Contractors, Real Estate Developers, Materials Manufacturers, Policy Makers, National Professionals in Resilience, Corporations & Real Estate Professionals.