Earth Day Texas Brings Prominent Speakers, Exhibitors, and Musicians Together This Weekend April 21-23
Rick Perry, U.S. Secretary of Energy, Scott Pruitt, EPA Administrator, General Wesley Clarke, Sr. (Ret.), Sylvia Earle, PhD, Katharine Hayhoe, PhD to attend
For immediate release
DALLAS (April 19, 2017) – The 2017 Earth Day Texas (EDTx) Expo and Conference kicks off this Friday, April 21 with prominent speakers and exhibitors including Rick Perry, United States Secretary of Energy and Scott Pruitt, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator who will both be making remarks at the EarthxE-Capital Summit.
Founded in 2011 by Dallas-based environmentalist, philanthropist and businessman Trammell S. Crow, EDTx promotes environmental awareness by curating an atmosphere for conscious business and community-driven sustainable solutions. Earth Day Texas will be held in Dallas at Fair Park on April 21-23.
The conference will also feature the following speakers:
- General Wesley Clarke, Sr. (Ret.)
- Sylvia Earle, PhD, National Geographic Explorer in Residence
- Sergio Fernandez de Cordova, United Nations
- Katharine Hayhoe, Climate Scientist Texas Tech University
- Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller, Texas Department of Agriculture
- JB Straubel, CTO & Co-Founder Tesla
Exhibitors of Earth Day Texas include Toyota Connected, Shell, World Oceans Day, National Wildlife Federation, National Audubon Society, Conservation International and many more. To access the list of conference events, visit https://earthx.org/event-guide/.
With 850 exhibitors, more than 260 speakers, and 150,000 attendees expected, friends and families can experience fun, easy-to-navigate, interactive and educational events and activities including:
- Green Speakers Series – Hear notable speakers show attendees how to build a sustainable future by sharing their own experiences and passion regarding critical environmental issues. Topics include big agriculture to home gardens, city-wide to national policy, ancient traditions to innovative technology and from oceans to atmosphere.
- Plasticity Texas – The Plasticity Forum convenes global experts from across the plastic spectrum to share experiences on opportunities and challenges with plastic sustainability and inclusion in the circular economy. The event offers “a big conversation on the future of plastic,” and discusses design, innovation, materials, recycling and solutions.
- EarthxE-Capital Summit – The summit is co-produced by Earth Day Texas, PRIME Coalition and Austin Technology Incubator. The EarthxE-Capital Summit brings together foundations, family offices, philanthropists, incubators, national laboratories, and cutting-edge clean technology companies to form new relationships and partnerships to accelerate our future economy.
- EARTHxFilm– EDTx’s inaugural film impact festival will showcase films and emerging media that explore conservation, science, the environment, and honor the heroes working to protect our planet. Our aim is to turn awareness through art and media into action and impact.
- EARTHACK– An environmental hackathon in partnership with HackDFW, EARTHACK will bring 1,200 college and high school “hackers” to Fair Park to solve real issues plaguing the world within 36 hours. EARTHACK will occur Apr. 21-23 and include appearances by celebrity judges.
- Legal Symposium – Sponsored by Domtar Corporation, BSNF, Mary Kay and Fox Rothschild LLP, the symposium includes a series of discussions of environmental thought leaders with diverse perspectives on relevant legal issues reconciling environmental protection and economic development, as well as issues of interest in today’s political climate.
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle Odyssey – Join us in the first Alternative Fuel Vehicle summit featuring industry speakers, workshops and presentations on alternative fuel vehicles. Together with National Fuel Vehicle Odyssey, the largest, nationwide event dedicated to promoting the use of alternative fuel, EDTx is inviting you to join us on a “green journey.”
- Music Series – Attendees can also enjoy the music series over three days. Performances include The Texas Gentleman, Atlantis Aquarius, Chucho, Kirk Thurmond & the Millennials, Matt Tedder, Medicine Man Revival, The Roomsounds, and Vincent Neil Emerson.
Attend Earth Day Texas 2017
WHEN: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. April 19-23, 2017 (Some events by invite only)
WHERE: Fair Park, Dallas Texas
ADMISSION: Free; special fees apply to select conferences and events.
About Earth Day Texas
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization focused on environmental education and awareness, Earth Day Texas (EDTx) has created the world’s largest annual forum for sharing the latest initiatives, discoveries, research, innovations, policies and corporate practices that are reshaping the future. Founded in 2011 by Dallas-based environmentalist, philanthropist and businessman Trammell S. Crow, EDTx promotes environmental awareness by curating an atmosphere for conscious business, nonpartisan collaboration and community-driven sustainable solutions. Attendees can also enjoy outdoor experiences, live music, environmentally-themed films and art exhibits, beer and food pavilions, family activities and more. Last year’s EDTx exposition at Fair Park showcased more than 800 exhibitors and 250 speakers, with more than 130,000 attendees enjoying the free, three-day event. For more information, visit http://www.earthdaytx.org.
# # #