EarthX Mission: Connecting a global community to create a sustainable world for all life and future generations.
EarthX Vision: Be the leading global connector and environmental forum to positively impact our world for a sustainable future.
About: As a 501c3 non-profit organization focused on environmental education and awareness, EarthX has created the world’s largest environmental expo and conference sharing the latest initiatives, discoveries, research, innovations, policies and corporate practices that are reshaping this world. EarthX brings a diverse group of thought leadership and solution makers together from April 20-22, 2018, at Fair Park in Dallas, creating a fun and engaging atmosphere that fosters awareness and experiential learning while encouraging attendees to be the change they wish to see. EarthX offers consumers and producers breakthrough solutions and fascinating innovations 365 days a year, empowering them to make a difference in their communities and the world.
History: Founded in 2011 by Dallas-based environmentalist and businessman Trammell S. Crow, EarthX, formerly known as Earth Day Texas, began as an outdoor event spanning five blocks of Flora Street in Dallas’ Arts District. It has grown to occupy approximately ½ million square feet of indoor and outdoor event space in Dallas’ historic Fair Park and brought in 116,000 attendees last year. The three-day expo, five-day group of conferences and 10-day film festival is held in April around Earth Day to champion progress and innovation by bringing together environmental organizations, businesses, academic institutions, government agencies, interactive programming and thought leaders. The event also fosters celebration with live music, interactive and immersive family entertainment and sustainable beer and food pavilions.
2017 EarthX Fast Facts:
- Largest expo, conference and film festival in the world addressing environmental issues
- More than 116,000 attendees
- Over 800 exhibitors
- More than 250 speakers
- Need for 1200 volunteers to put on these events
- Platform for year-round events to generate additional awareness and inspiration, including networking receptions with speaker panels, forums, film series, volunteer opportunities and environmental projects
2018 Confirmed Speakers:
- Sylvia Earle, Mission Blue
- James Baker, Former Secretary of State
- John Hickenlooper, Governor of Colorado
- Susan Eisenhower, Presidential Blue Ribbon Nuclear Commission
- Rajendra Pachauri, former chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Mayors of Phoenix, San Antonio and towns throughout Texas
- Robert Kaplan, CEO, Dallas Federal Reserve
- Professor Eric Toone, Executive Managing Director, Breakthrough Energy Ventures
- Ved Chirayath, Director of Laboratory for Advanced Sensing in the Earth Science Division at NASA Ames Silicon Valley
- Representatives from National Laboratories
During the EarthX Expo at Fair Park on April 20-22, visitors will find a range of activities to enjoy such as…
- Tiny House Village
- Outdoor Adventure Zone with scuba diving, tree climbing, climbing wall and organic farm animal petting zoo, goat yoga
- Interactive Zone to take visitors on journeys into space, under the oceans and trekking through the jungles of Africa through virtual and mixed reality experiences
- Interactive, educational trucks: Perot Tech Truck and Big Thought Truck with robotics workshop
- Sustainable U presented by Dallas County Community College District gives an opportunity to explore small changes in daily life with a ‘graduate’ diploma at the end of the experience
- Green Auto Show, including test drives of the latest green vehicles, trucks, heavy machinery and more
- International art display
- Two “EarthX Eats” locations with food trucks and seating
- Keep America Beautiful Pavilion with many cities from across America represented
- Green Cross Pavilion
- Tech Recycling Drop-off
- E-Bike Test Track
- Student solar competitions
- Continuing education workshops for lawyers and teachers
- “Lungforce Walk” 5K sponsored by American Lung Association
- National Laboratories
- The EarthX E-Capital Summitcultivates and convenes mission-driven investors, incubators, accelerators, researchers and breakthrough clean technology innovators from around the world to form partnerships having substantial, positive impacts on profits, people and the planet.
- EARTHxHack, a 24 hour event, is the world’s largest environmental innovation competition. EARTHxHack, sitting at the intersection of innovation, technology and the environment, is a platform creating groundbreaking solutions by utilizing the brightest technical minds of today focusing on the problems of tomorrow.
- EarthxSolar is a new conference in 2018, bringing together change makers in the business world and in solar energy. Other conferences like EarthXOcean, EarthxLaw, EarthxPolicy and EarthxEnergyDoneRight encompass educational, municipal and environmental efforts.
EarthX Film Festival:
EarthXFilm is a 21st century film festival that uses the power of film and emerging media to raise awareness of global environmental issues. From April 13 – 22, 2018, EarthXFilm will present over 60 features and shorts at screenings and events across the city. EarthxFilmEDU includes Youth Online Filmmaking Competitions (open now), in-school screenings and hands-on workshops at EarthX.
The EarthxGlobalGala is a star-studded evening that honors visionary leaders in environmental education, film, and television with the Global Impact Awards. The event features celebrity icons and heroes in sustainability and conservation who work to solve the most important issues of today.
Jenna Turner Alexander & Amy Turner
- Garrett Boone – Community Leader of the Year
- Nike – Sustainable Corporate Leader of the Year
- Parley for the Oceans – Organization of the Year
- John R. Seydel – Emerging Male Leader of the Year
- Danni Washington – Emerging Female Leader of the Year
- Live Auction
- Ivan Carter – Western Giraffe collaring and relocation in Africa
- Wildlife Protection Solutions – Anti-poaching Camp and Luxury Safari in South Africa
- Tetiaroa One Cubic Foot Project – Fly into Tahiti and overnight before spending three nights in an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora and then you will spend three nights at the Brando. While at the Brando you will visit the research station and see all the biodiversity they are working to protect.
- Silent Auction
- His and Hers FattE Electric Bikes
- A year supple of Yerba Mate Tea and a special drink cooler
- Louis XIII presentation for 10-15 people (will be pairing a chef’s dinner for 10-15) with choice of at restaurant or in home.
- Tickets to a live taping of Big Bang Theory and stay in Burbank, CA
Tickets and sponsorship information can also be found and purchased on https://earthx.org/earthxglobal/