1. Reduce plastic pollution by eliminating single use plastics.
2. Use a renewable energy source. Last year, Texas generated 18% of its energy from wind and solar.
3. Help protect our waterways.
4. Go meatless 1-2 days a week.
5. Reduce idling in your car. Every 2 minutes of idling is equal to 1 mile of driving.
6. Adopt a Zero Waste lifestyle
1. Pack your lunch in a reusable container
2. Bring your own shopping bag
3. Carry a reusable water bottle and coffee mug
4. Use green cleaning products
5. Turn down your water heater temperature
6. Check the tire pressure of your car tires
7. Convert lights to CFL or LED
8. Buy food in season and local
9. Eliminate the use of plastic straws
10. Skip plastic produce bags
11. Store leftovers in glass jars
12. Hang dry clothes instead of using a dryer
13. Go meatless one day per week
14. Eliminate paper towels and use cloths instead
15. Mulch your garden to save water
16. Opt for paperless billing
17. Use cold water when washing clothes
18. Reduce shower time by 1 minute
19. Install programmable thermostat
20. Install a water savings shower head
21. Eliminate use of disposable plastic cutlery
22. Compost at home
23. Recycle at home
24. Recycle old electronics
25. Carpool or take alternative transportation